Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Clichy delighted with Les Bleus call

"Being here is an intense joy,” he told Sport 24. “I am happy to be here and will try to enjoy these days with the group to see how it feels from inside, hoping that my first cap won’t be the last one.

“I know a lot of players from Arsenal or when I played for France Under-21s. It has made my integration easier. I have a lot of things to discover: the trainings, the other players…

“It is a child’s dream that I am achieving. I know I wasn’t far from being called up and now I’m there. It means that we should never be desperate for it.

“There is no rivalry with Patrice Evra. We have a common objective and what is happening with our clubs is different.

“We will have the time to face each other in a week in the FA Cup (laughs).”

Arsenal trio Bacary Sagna, Clichy and Mathieu Flamini are expected to start whereas William Gallas and former Gunner Lassana Diarra are set to be part of the A team that will face Spain in Malaga on Wednesday in their brand new red shirt.


Source:Setanta

No comments: