Saturday, March 8, 2008

Adebayor - I owe Wenger

And speaking to Sky Sports News, he has admitted that his goals are a way of repaying the faith shown in him by Wenger after he struggled in the latter stages of his Monaco career.


"To pay him back is going to be very difficult," he told Sky Sports News.


"At Monaco, from June to December I scored only one goal in 19 games. How come Arsene Wenger came and looked for me?


"It is something special. He is the one who gave me a chance to become who I am today. I want to keep on enjoying myself and listening to him."


"We have the team, we have the quality. No doubt about that. We just have to take things game by game," he continued.


"At the moment we are in the quarter-finals and we do not know who we will be drawn against.


"But the most important thing is that we keep on enjoying ourselves."

No comments: