Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Robin out to remedy injury pain

“It has been very frustrating,” Van Persie told Arsenal TV. “I started the season with very big ideas, my ambition was very high and it still is.


“I have missed many games but I am thinking positive at the moment and I want to finish this season well with the team.


“I am happy to be back and am quite positive that we can win the league and the Champions League.”


Readily admitting that Arsenal’s recent form – which has seen consecutive draws with Birmingham, Aston Villa and Wigan – is far from desirable, Van Persie has urged his team-mates to embark on a winning streak to take the initiative back from Sir Alex Ferguson.


“I am happy to be back but it was a disappointing day to lose two points [at Wigan], and in the last three games we have lost six points in total and that is not good enough,” the striker added.


“We have lost six points so we have to get in there again and come back stronger because we still have nine games to play and it is vital. If Manchester United win their game in hand then we are one point behind them and we have to be sharp.


“There are big games coming up – Manchester United away, Liverpool at home, Chelsea and all the others as well. We need to win everything and that is our job at the moment.”

No comments: