Thursday, March 6, 2008

Flamini - I want to be a part of new generation

"Like I have said before I am very happy here," said Flamini. "Every game I give more than
100 per cent and I love playing for this team. We are a new generation, we have to create a new history. I want to be part of this history so I hope I will be here for next season.


"At the moment my advisers they are talking with the Club so I really hope that everything will be OK. I cannot put a time on it. But I really want to stay here.


"Yes, Milan was a great game and I have more and more confidence now. But what is important for a player is to play and I am playing and game after game I am becoming more and more confident. I want to take more responsibility.


"I don't know if Milan was my best performance [for Arsenal] but my job is to work hard for the players who are a little bit more offensive than me. We are a team who are always going forward so it's very important to protect the defence, especially against a player like Kaka who was going forward very quickly so I was trying to protect the defenders.


"Yes my job was to keep him quiet, boss the midfield and win the maximum amount of balls to pass to Cesc and Alex because they are a little bit more offensive than me."


On Friday, Flamini reaches the grand old age of 24. Typically, the only present on his birthday list is three points on Sunday.

"It will be fantastic if we win at Wigan. We have to finish the job. It's fantastic to play in the Champions League and beat AC Milan but to come back in the Premier League to go to Wigan is not going to be easy. It's a tough game."

No comments: