Sunday, March 2, 2008

First pic of Eduardo on the mend


"The crucial part is the next two weeks.

"If we can get through that without infection, and all the signs are very good, then we can start the rehab and the long road to recovery."



"I remember the pain, seeing that my foot had rotated, but I only recaptured my senses in hospital.

"I had to spend my 25th birthday in there on Monday and it was a very sad day."



"All I could do was look at his face — I was totally pre-occupied," admitted Eduardo.

"I wanted to believe what Taylor said and to think that what happened was an unfortunate accident.

"I had to look at him. I could not understand how anyone could make a tackle like that in only the third minute of a game.

"But in the end I believed that Taylor was sincere and I accepted his excuses.

"Even though he had destroyed my season it would be incredible to think that what he did was pre-meditated."



"Euro 2008 was a big dream. To qualify was one of the best moments in my life but I am only 25 and I can play in other Euros. That's what is in my head.

"Croatia national coach Slaven Bilic and my international team-mates have called and their support is enormous. I am happy about that.

"And my Arsenal team-mates have promised to win the league title for me. That, too, is very emotive.

"At Arsenal we have the team to be champions. All season we have suffered injuries but are still at the top.

"So I hope that my absence will not affect the team.

"We have a sensational attack and now Robin van Persie is returning soon.

"The rehab will be difficult but, as each day goes by, I am closer to playing for Arsenal again.

"I need to be in plaster for nearly eight weeks and for six months it will only be possible to exercise with little movement.

"I have suffered. But a week ago I looked at the future with fear.

"Already the situation is better."



You can read more about it here


No comments: