Friday, June 27, 2008

Adebator: I'm staying at Arsenal

Emmanuel Adebayor has told a news conference that he will be staying at Arsenal this season, despite reports linking the Togo star with both Milan and Barcelona.


Adebayor scored 30 goals for The Gunners last season and it had been feared he would follow Mathieu Flamini out of the Emirates Stadium exit door, with Alexander Hleb also expected to leave North London.


A leading Italian agent, Vincenzo Morabito, even claimed on Wednesday that there was an 80 percent chance of Adebayor joining Milan after the Rossoneri made him their number one summer transfer target.


However, the popular striker has now seemingly put all speculation to bed by insisting he will be at the forefront of Arsene Wenger's title challenge next season.


"I can see some more years because now I have a good contract, I have a good team there," said Adebayor.


"I am playing for one of the biggest teams in the world and I am more than happy to keep on enjoying myself and that is all.


"Yes of course [I am staying], I have three more years contract so whatever happens I have to stay. I am staying at Arsenal."

No comments: