Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Walcott targets regular start

Theo Walcott has signalled his intention to secure a regular starting berth for Arsenal in the new season.


The flying forward has made steady progress under the watchful eye of Arsene Wenger, but he did not reach his target of 20 starts and 10 goals last season.


Despite falling short of his stated aims, Walcott was happy with his campaign and is looking to use it as a springboard.


“My target now is to start, rather than doing what I do coming off the bench,” Walcott told the club's official website. “That is the next target.


”I set myself a target of 20 starts and 10 goals (for last season). I did not quite get there.


“You have got to set yourself different goals every season and I will set a new target and push on.”

No comments: