Saturday, July 26, 2008

Arsenal is football - Nasri

Arsenal is the definition of football, according to new signing Samir Nasri.


In a refreshing interview, The Gunners’ new signing has hailed his new employers for their rich history and spectacular football.


Nasri claims Arsene Wenger’s systems are beautiful to watch and the playmaker cannot wait to make his debut for his new side.


“I love the game, I’m passionate and Arsenal’s football culture made me dream,” Nasri told L’Equipe.


“I had a lot of fun watching all their games last season. To me, this culture and the way they play represent what football should be.”


The Marseille icon is hopeful he will improve both tactically and physically in order to settle in The Premier League.


“When you see how they play in England, it means I need to improve on the physical level and in the air, as well in terms of intensity and regularity,” he commented.


“The team plays in 4-4-2. I had a chat with Arsene Wenger and I’m going to play on a wing because that is where their playmakers are, splitting with the full backs.”


The 21-year-old is in for something of a culture shock as he will be leaving home for the first time and has asked the club for help.


“My parents won’t be with me anymore so I’m going to have to cope with it and learn to be independent,” he said.


“In the meantime I have asked the club to have someone cooking for me and cleaning because I’m not used to being autonomous, I’ve always been living with my parents.”

No comments: