Friday, July 11, 2008

Hleb has confirmed he is closing in on an exit from Arsenal

It has been claimed that Barcelona are poised to sign the playmaker from the North London side in the coming days and Hleb’s statement seems to back up such reports emanating from Spain.


The former Stuttgart star has spoken of his struggle to adjust to life in London and is now ready to turn his back on the capital in order to continue his career in foreign fields.


"Serious negotiations are under way now. I have made up my mind,” said Hleb.


"I am not happy with my life in Britain, to be honest.


"Elements of day-to-day life may prevent me in future from playing a full part with my team here.


"I can't get used to the chaotic way of life in London, where everyone is racing around 24 hours a day. It is uncomfortable and I'm mentally tired.


"I feel I can't keep squeezing enough out of myself to satisfy a team like Arsenal. As a professional I honestly told [manager Arsene] Wenger that at our two recent meetings.


"I was seeking his advice on whether I should leave. I also made no secret that some leading European clubs were interested in me. Wenger wasn't happy about that.”

No comments: