Thursday, April 17, 2008

De Guzman: Arsenal and Barca are dream clubs

Feyenoord midfielder Jonathan de Guzman has admitted it would be a dream to move to Arsenal or Barcelona.


The 20-year-old has been linked with a move to a European giant this summer after an impressive spell in Holland, and Feyenoord have already admitted that they are considering cashing in on the player.

"I haven't spoken with anyone yet,” he told Sportweek magazine. “Not with Feyenoord and also not with other clubs. It is said that there is interest form Chelsea and Arsenal.


"My dream clubs are Arsenal and Barcelona. If clubs of their stature are interested then you can't say no.


"I am certainly open to possible interest from that corner and from what I have heard lately, Feyenoord are happy to hear from them as well."


De Guzman maintains that he will be happy to stay at Feyenoord should a big move fail to materialise.


"The stories linking me with Arsenal motivate me, but I have been reading them for two years already," he said. "Up until now there has not been a concrete offer.


"So it could be that I stay here after this season, which is fine because I really feel good at Feyenoord."

No comments: