Thursday, April 17, 2008

Villa open to Gunners switch

David Villa has revealed that, should he move to England, Arsenal would be his preferred destination.


With the Valencia striker insinuating that he may call time on his career at the Mestalla over the summer there is likely to be a whole host of clubs fighting for his signature.


He has netted 63 times in just three seasons for Los Che, making him one of the most feared forwards in world football.


"I watch the Premier League a lot and the team I'm most attracted to is definitely Arsenal," he told The Sun.


"Their brilliant one and two-touch football and the whole style of rapid counter-attack which dominates the top level of the Premier League now is the one which suits my game best of all.


"I think I'm made to succeed in England but of course it's one thing saying it and quite another getting there and then doing it.


"The Valencia president (Agustin Morera) always told me he wouldn't sell me until summer 2008. If an offer comes in I'm hungry to test myself in England."


Should a move to Emirates Stadium not materialise, Villa admitted that he would be equally happy to join up with his international team-mate Fernando Torres at Liverpool.


"It's great playing alongside Fernando," he said.


"We understand each other totally and we get on brilliantly off the park."

No comments: