Saturday, May 24, 2008

Jibril looking forward to Arsenal trial

Accra Hearts of Oak teenager Tawrik Jibril will spend two weeks on trial at Arsenal next month as he hopes to secure a permanent move to the club.

And he is looking forward to showing what he can do, saying

“I am ready to play under coach Wenger and I will be happy to show the world what I can do.

I like the style of play of Arsenal because of the silky skills and that is what I can add to the team.

if I am given the chance I know I can play in the first team - I am not afraid.

we play before big crowds and even though they call me a small boy I am not afraid of them.”

He certainly seems ambitious and is the type of player that would fit nicely into Arsenal’s style of play. His agent has also tipped him for big things, saying

”We have taken the future development of the player into consideration and we all know that there is coach better than Arsene Wenger who can do the work

We must not forget that for a multi-talented young African player he needs an African environment to probably flourish.

Arsenal offers that more than any other team with several African players at the club.

But Arsenal must be ready to pay the price demanded by his club and also assure us that he will develop well.

Torric is the next big thing to hit world football and you need to see his unbelievable qualities.

At this age to be playing in Ghana’s midfield full of talented players should tell you a lot.” Quotes from thesun.co.uk

The young Ghanian is estimated to be worth approximately £1.5million which may seem a lot of money to pay for a 16 year old, but given his enormous potential it could be worth it in the long run.

The likes of Atletico Madrid and Roma have both been after him in the past, but if he impresses during his spell at London Colney, then he could well be coming to Arsenal.

No comments: