Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Theo: Gunners won't blow up again

Theo Walcott has warned the rest of The Premier League that Arsenal’s youngsters will not make the same mistakes again in their pursuit of the league title.


Arsenal topped the table for the majority of the season before blowing up in March, drawing four straight games to fall behind Manchester United and Chelsea.


Manager Arsene Wenger has cited crippling injuries and a small squad for his side’s inability to stay the course of the campaign, with the likes of Cesc Fabregas showing clear signs of tiredness at the business end of the season.


One shining light for The Gunners has been the form of impact substitute Walcott, and the England youngster is adamant Arsenal will have learnt a lot from the past 12 months.


"Hopefully the young players will take this experience into next year. We will know how to cope with things if they happen again,” stated Walcott.


"Our main ambition is to win a trophy next year. We have been playing brilliant football but not winning things. Hopefully next season we can go one stage further and get a trophy."


Walcott has scored six goals and made 38 appearances for The Gunners in his best season to date, and he now feels he is physically ready to handle English football’s biggest stage.


"I have been working in the gym to help my shoulder after I dislocated it and go twice or three times a week. I feel stronger in games and it has definitely helped me.


"I just want to keep doing what I have been when I have come off the bench and have enjoyed playing.”

No comments: