Friday, May 30, 2008

Emmanuel Adebayor has once again reiterated he is happy at the club

Following Mathieu Flamini's highly criticised move to Milan on a free transfer at the end of this season, and with Alexander Hleb seemingly soon to follow, many have begun talk that this is the beginning of the end for Arsene Wenger's young Gunners, who started the season so well, only to crash out of all four competitions in humiliating fashion.

However, the Arsenal squad have heard all the criticism in the world. They were in fact tipped to drop out of the top four this season without Thierry Henry, but instead recorded one of their best ever points tallies in the Premier League.

Despite rumoured interest from Barcelona and even Milan, Adebayor has once again stated his loyalties lie with Arsenal.

“I came to Arsenal with a mission to succeed," said the Togo international.

"I’ve assured the gaffer Arsene Wenger I’ll stay because I believe in the team and I want to assure the fans my concentration is here.

“I have no reason to leave so I’ll stay to ensure that together we’ll win silverware.

“Mathieu’s a good player but his departure doesn’t mean Arsenal is about to collapse. Our team is a deep well of talent.

“I am confident we are capable of winning titles and we will return for next season hungrier to be successful.”

No comments: