Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Senderos - Wenger wants me


Philippe Senderos has insisted that he remains in Arsene Wenger's plans despite rumours linking him with a move away from Arsenal.

"I still have a contract with two years left on it and the boss wants me to stay. I'm also very happy in London so yes I still hope to be there next season," he said.


"Personally I thought I had a pretty good season and it was really positive that I was able to play so many games this year.


"Obviously we had a disappointing year overall because we were five points clear at one stage in the league and it was really hard to lose it all in a few games.


"Then we lost (in the Champions League quarter-finals) to Liverpool, which was very disappointing for the whole team, but we know we have the quality to come back strong next year."


Senderos went on to dismiss claims that he broke down after Arsenal's 4-2 second leg defeat at Anfield.


"I'm someone who is always hard on myself so I was disappointed like everyone else but I didn't break down in tears and I didn't miss training and I didn't do all these things that they said I did," he explained.

No comments: