Thursday, May 1, 2008

There wont be many players leaving in the transfer window -Clichy

Gael Clichy has told setantasports.com that he is convinced there will not be wholesale changes at Arsenal in the summer.


The futures of Alexander Hleb and Mathieu Flamini are in doubt, while Emmanuel Adebayor has been linked with a move to Milan, but Clichy says that a move will not guarantee success and is convinced the future is bright at Emirates Stadium.


When asked if he believes that a number of players will leave the North London side next summer, Clichy told setantasports.com: “No I don’t think so.


“It’s up to everyone to think what they want to do.


“But we’ve got so many examples of players who leave to win the Champions League and titles, and that didn’t prove them right.


“I think that we have to believe in the quality we have in the team at the moment.


“I believe in it, most players believe in it and I’m sure we can do it.


“So we just have to stick together and work hard because with the team we have, we’re so young, the future is in front of us and we’re going to do something great that’s for sure.”


Flamini is being courted by Italian clubs and Clichy reckons Lassana Diarra, who left the club due to a lack of action, should have been more patient and stayed at Arsenal instead of moving to Portsmouth last January.


“I don’t know, but from my point of view it’s always good to have a little bit of patience,” Clichy added.


“I have been second choice left back behind Ashley Cole and I knew it was difficult for me to play if he was there.


“You have to believe in your own qualities and wait for your time.


“I waited for four years and today I am really happy today.


“If Mathieu wants to leave it’s up to him and we wish him good luck if we win. But we hope he will stay.”

No comments: