Saturday, May 31, 2008

Eduardo back earlier than expected

Eduardo has revealed he could be back playing again as early as the start of next season.


The 25-year-old suffered a compound fracture of his left leg so horrific at Birmingham in February that some television producers refused to show replays of the incident, a tackle by Blues defender Martin Taylor.


There were initially fears that the injury would be disastrous for Eduardo’s career, but the Brazilian-born Croatia international’s recovery has been excellent.


Eduardo has spent the past six weeks rehabilitating in a clinic in Rio de Janeiro and told Croatian newspaper Sportske Novosti that doctors have given him the okay to return to training at the end of July.


"I am returning to Europe from Brazil at the beginning of August, perhaps even the end of July," said Eduardo. "Doctors tell me by then I will be fully recovered and able to play football again. I hope so too.


"I'm feeling well and my rehabilitation is going better than I would ever have hoped."


Eduardo’s return would be remarkable – only in March, the striker feared he may not return for another 15 months.

No comments: